| Seriously wish it wasn't sideways, dumb blog! |
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Baby Food Bonanza
For some reason, I'm obsessed with baby food! No, I don't eat it :) Every time I'm at the store, I end up buying Lexi some new flavor of baby food. Which is great because then she has a good variety when she doesn't like the other things, like carrots and sweet potatoes. We've decided she doesn't like any vegetable that's orange, except squash, but that's more yellow than orange. It's a lot more fun to buy food for her than us, that's for sure...much cheaper too. And she eats better than we do. Last night she had a turkey rice dinner with green beans on the side and vanilla custard with bananas for dessert and a banana yogurt juice drink. We've established a great routine for eating so at 10:00, she gets her cereal: rice, oatmeal, or barley with a type of fruit: pears, bananas, apples, apples and blueberries, pears and raspberries, bananas with plums and grapes...the list goes on. Then at 5:00, she gets her dinner: green beans, squash, turkey with rice, veggies and onion powder (this is a new one that she likes), mac and cheese (her favorite) with dessert: mango smoothie, fruit medley smoothie, pudding, yogurt, or peach cobbler. Sometimes she gets a little snack too which consists of apple bites, cheddar puff things, banana rice puffs and yogurt bites. She's getting so good at putting things in her mouth. If only our meals were so fancy :) I found a baby food holder at K-Mart yesterday while picking up diapers and had to buy it!
Anyway, I love this! I really should have taken a picture of the 'before' since all these cans and containers were under the island or crammed in the pantry. It turns around and is just so easy! Plus, the spoons are stored on top for even more usefulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment