Well, my horse definitely did not win. In fact, he came in 16th place out of a 20 horse field. But Diana and I had a blast watching at Apple Bee's eating mozzarella sticks, chili nachos, maple blondie bars, and drinking margaritas/Jamaican Freezes (she had the margarita, I had the Freeze). Nobody was really paying attention to the TV, we asked the greeter to put us at a table closest to a Derby TV, except us it seemed, but as soon as the race started, everyone was cheering and screaming, it was awesome. I thought Bodemeister would do well, but was hoping he wouldn't win, mainly because I do not like Bob Baffert his trainer...so arrogant. He was right out front until the end and then, even though he didn't stop, he didn't have any more strength to give and had the race been even a few furlongs longer, he probably would have been more like 3rd or 4th place. I'll Have Another stormed on past to victory and it was a fun race to watch. I was correct on the 2nd, 5th, 10th, 18th and last place horses. Good thing I didn't bet haha. Looking forward to the Preakness in two weeks.
Sunday, May 6, 2012
Next Stop: Preakness
Well, my horse definitely did not win. In fact, he came in 16th place out of a 20 horse field. But Diana and I had a blast watching at Apple Bee's eating mozzarella sticks, chili nachos, maple blondie bars, and drinking margaritas/Jamaican Freezes (she had the margarita, I had the Freeze). Nobody was really paying attention to the TV, we asked the greeter to put us at a table closest to a Derby TV, except us it seemed, but as soon as the race started, everyone was cheering and screaming, it was awesome. I thought Bodemeister would do well, but was hoping he wouldn't win, mainly because I do not like Bob Baffert his trainer...so arrogant. He was right out front until the end and then, even though he didn't stop, he didn't have any more strength to give and had the race been even a few furlongs longer, he probably would have been more like 3rd or 4th place. I'll Have Another stormed on past to victory and it was a fun race to watch. I was correct on the 2nd, 5th, 10th, 18th and last place horses. Good thing I didn't bet haha. Looking forward to the Preakness in two weeks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment