Happy Birthday to our baby girl! Can't believe that a year ago we were just welcoming her into this world. It has been by far the fastest year of my life. I still remember every detail of my labor and delivery, in a good way. I seriously loved every minute of it. All the horror stories I'd been told were tossed out the window and all I kept thinking was "If this is all there is to it, what's the big deal?" The recovery was the worst part of the entire pregnancy to labor experience and even though I vividly remember being in a lot of pain, it was never bad enough to fill my pain prescriptions and I didn't even have to take advil.
On Lexi's birthday; Sunday, May 27, we had a great celebration with family and two of our closest friends and their families. In all, there were 15 people who came: my parents, Derek's parents, grandparents and uncle, Ty and his girlfriend, Diana and Dave, Angela, Bella and Serena. We had a packed house, but it was fun and we pulled it off. Lexi's theme was pink hippos and I'm so glad we decided to go with that, they were just too cute!
 |
| Party hats |
 |
| Personalized banner |
 |
| The table |
A friend made Lexi's cake and personal cupcake. She is so talented, I just can't get over it! She has her own business now all because she made a cake for her son's boy scout party and decided she liked doing it.
 |
| Lexi's 'smash cake' cupcake |
 |
| This cake just couldn't be cuter |
 |
| Complete with candle |
 |
| Complete with candle |
She had a special outfit just for her birthday and she looked so cute!
She had fun opening her gifts, thought she got bored after the first one and then just wanted to play with her gifts, so we opened them and Serena helped open them too. She got so many adorable outfits, shoes, jammies, and toys along with more college fund money.
 |
| Lexi with some of her presents from Mommy and Daddy |
She had fun trying cake for the first time. Other than the Gerber desserts (that are healthy), this was the first sugar/sweet item she'd ever had. She wasn't too sure about it and had more fun squishing frosting between her fingers, but she got the hang of it.
 |
| She liked the gooey frosting |
 |
| She was not impressed with the taste |
 |
| But the frosting was good |
 |
| Now she's having lots of fun (she kept laughing) |
 |
| Here, I'll share |
 |
| Sleepy baby girl |
All in all, I think she had a wonderful day! And she so enjoyed seeing everyone. We also got some wonderful family pictures thanks to Dave!
 |
| Lexi and Serena |
 |
| Lexi and Gramma Willa |
 |
| Lexi and Angela |
 |
| Lexi with her grandparents |
 |
| The whole gang |
 |
| Lexi and her Daddy |
 |
| Lexi and Diana |
 |
| Our family |
 |
| The family clown |
No comments:
Post a Comment