Monday, February 27, 2012
8 Months to a Better Me: Week 8
Not really sure if that's correct, but I decided to start a new spreadsheet starting January 9 and this makes that 8 weeks from then. Technically, I started in December, but this was just easier because that's when I got serious about working out. So, that's the reason for the different week now.
Anyway, this week went very well! I didn't workout every day, however that's not because I didn't do it for not wanting to, but rather I'm going to be doing something a bit different. Derek is going to watch Lexi Tuesday and Thursday nights so that I can do a 45-60 minute workout on the tread climber. He said this will help me burn more calories than doing 30 minutes multiple times and then by not doing it every day, it'll help my muscles rebuild themselves. So this coming week, I'll be doing Zumba Sculpting on Monday and Wednesday; Tread climber Tuesday and Thursday; and shaping exercises from my Women's Health magazines on Friday. I've finally been going through those magazines and there are some amazing finds. I'm starting to tear them out and will put them in a binder so they're easy to find. They have several different fitness and exercises workouts depending on what you want to accomplish; whether it be 5, 10, or 15 pounds, having a nicer butt, abs, or legs, and so on; it's very neat. And that'll be a nice break from the other workouts.
So here is a recap of this week:
Worked out Tuesday and Thursday on the tread climber
Did 75 squats Monday through Sunday while brushing my teeth (and I know this is helping a lot!)
Worked out a total of 75 minutes on the tread climber
Walked 2.8 miles
Burned 574 calories (I burned 122 more calories on Thursday during my 45 minute workout than a normal 30 minutes. And walked an extra .62 miles!)
Drank an average of 33.5oz liquid each day - I've decided to count ALL liquid instead of just water. Milk, tea, and juices count too. I won't count things like pepsi and coffee, which I rarely drink.
I cut my calorie intake significantly last week, probably in half. I only had TWO sweets all week!!! Wow, I actually didn't realize I did that good. I did have 3 carmel mochas, but that's really rare and was the only bad drink I had too. I didn't snack much and had very small food portions. Last night we did eat at Cafe Rio and I had chips and queso along with a sweet pork burrito (which is like a pound lol), but I only ate a few chips and only had half my burrito. I'm very proud of myself!
Today I also just got done doing my Zumba Sculpting. Derek pulled my weights out of the garage, what I thought were 3 or 5 pounders ended up being 8 lol. Yeah, I'm a bit sore haha.
Last week, my goal was to get to at least 133.5 pounds. This morning I stepped on the scale and was pleasantly greeted with 133.5!! And next week, I'm hoping to do even better. 13.5 pounds to go!
Till next week :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Always nice to reach your goal and be able to stay on track!
ReplyDelete