Sunday, January 8, 2012

6 and 7 Month Lexi-Date



I haven't updated with little miss Lexi in a while either, so here's a quick one. At her 6 month appointment she weighed 15lbs, 9oz I think (don't really remember right now) and was 26.5 inches long! When she had her last bath on Friday, she weighed 16lbs, 12oz. She's slowed down a lot in the gaining department, which I am very happy about since I was worried she'd keep getting chunkier, and I think a lot has to do with the formula she's on now. It fills her up much better than Similac did, even though she still likes Similac the best. The Comforts formula she's on now also really helps with her constipation and is $10 cheaper, so that's a great plus!

Her doctor said she looked great and was a very healthy baby. He tried sitting her up by herself and she could, but only if she was slouched really far forward. He said that was good and she was progressing like she should be. Of course, the next day, guess what she decided she could do? Sit by herself! And now she's sitting like a champ!

On December 23, Lexi's first tooth showed up and on January 5, her second one came through. They are still technically coming up, but you can see them! She's been great at teething and hasn't had a fever, runny nose, or pain problems. We're very grateful about that!

I started introducing solid foods (other than cereal) to her diet a week after she turned 6 months old. Carrots and sweet potatoes were first. She was not a fan! She's much better now, but it still takes a bit of convincing on my part that orange is good. Who am I kidding, I hate carrots lol! Well, cooked ones anyway. We've done half and half on the jarred vs. homemade baby food. I pureed some carrots and mashed some regular potatoes. She ate the carrots, but the potatoes are still too new for her to like yet. I have a sweet potato and some green beans in the fridge that I will make next. Maybe she'll like green food better than orange.



Lexi is trying to push herself up to her knees now. I know she really wants to crawl, she just can't quite figure it out, and that makes her mad! But she is normally happy to just sit on the floor and play with her toys. She loves her plastic toys that bang when they are crashed together.

Her first Thanksgiving and Christmas were a lot of fun too! Everyone enjoyed spoiling her and she got lots of fun gifts.



Today was her first day in the nursery. We were told she did great, but I'm pretty sure I heard her complain a few times.



Lexi is also starting to really 'talk' now. Sometimes this involves her saying 'da da da da' over and over again or it's just her opening and closing her mouth and looking like she's talking, but not actually 'saying' anything.

Winnie is still her favorite thing ever! On December 27, when Lexi turned 7 months old, Winnie turned 10 years old! Hard to believe we've had her 9 years already.

She's still taking naps in her swing, but is completely transitioned to her crib at nights now and sleeps all the way through about 50% of the time. When she doesn't sleep through the night, she normally wakes up between 10 and midnight and then is back to sleep, after another bottle, until 7:30 or 8 am. When she does sleep through, she's down by about 7:45 and up around 7:30 or 8. It's great! We also have established a great daytime routine that we stick to 99% of the time. I really think that helps her sleep well during naps and at night. It also keeps her the happy baby everyone loves. Of course, we do have a time of day we refer to as Lexi Cranky Time from about 5/5:30 until bedtime at 7:20. However, now that she can sit up and play by herself, it's not nearly so bad.

And that concludes the updates for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment