I officially felt the baby kick on Saturday the 22nd! I know now that I was feeling her before, but I just wasn't positive. On Saturday morning, she kicked my hand twice when it was on my stomach and really hasn't stopped since, well other than when we went back for our second ultrasound session and she decided she didn't want to move around and hid her face again :) She likes to use my bladder as a trampoline. I always thought the analogy of kicks feeling like gas bubbles was stupid. Who has gas in their stomach? Well, yes, that is what it feels like. It feels like she's blowing bubbles in there and then popping them with her fingers and toes.
She LOVES her feet! I think she'll be a toe sucker instead of a thumb sucker haha. During our last ultrasound, she kept playing with them, grabbing them with her fingers, kicking herself in the head, bringing them over her face along with her hands telling us to leave her alone. She's going to be just like her dad and uncles and not like her picture taken I'm thinking. The below picture is one of my favorites! Her legs, feet, hands, and arms are all over her head. I think we've got a gymnast in the making!
She's already a little ham!
She also opened and closed her eyes briefly. The ultrasound technician said they aren't supposed to do that until 24 weeks, so either she's farther along than everyone thinks, or she's going to be an advanced baby and do everything early :) Both would be fine with me! She also opened and closed her mouth a few times...hmmm...a hungry baby perhaps? Though, it looked like she was yawning. I think we were boring her.
We got our dvd this time too! It's so neat to actually get to watch her move around. Still hard to make out what some things are, but neat none-the-less. I'm hoping to upload it here, but that's going to be harder than it sounds and Derek's going to have to be the mastermind behind helping me accomplish that as the dvd needs 'special work' done before I can even copy it to my computer.
I think she's going to have long legs too :)
Such exciting, fun news!! It's amazing that even her personality seems to be forming as God continues to "knit her together 'in secret!'"
ReplyDeleteAwe, how fun! I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteDid you know that the sound that the ultrasound wand makes is the loudest noise babies hear in the womb? That's why they either run away/get really active/or cover their faces and hide. I thought that was interesting :)
ReplyDelete