Well, I'm officially at the halfway point according to all things pregnancy counting-wise. However, I'm fully expecting to go late...so who knows, halfway might not be for another week or it could have been last week, who knows, lol. We had the 20 week appointment on January 13. We were so excited...I could hardly sleep the entire week and it felt like Christmas Eve. We wanted to know if we were going to have a pink or a blue theme. Well, little baby decided to play peek-a-boo with the umbilical cord and it was right in the wrong place...between the legs. The doctor said it looked 'girl-ish', but she wasn't giving us an answer based on 'ish'. I was so bummed and almost started to cry (but not until we left since the ultrasound was really neat). The baby looks like a baby now! See! Sorry, the picture is a bit washed out.
There is the full-body profile. The last time, it was so microscopic and didn't quite look like a person. We got to see the four chambers of the heart and the little heartbeat, so amazing! The doctor said "You're in trouble, you have a very active child!" Instead of thinking "Uh oh", I was just thrilled :) She said everything looks absolutely perfect!! I called my mom on the way home to tell her we still didn't know if they were having a granddaughter or son, and the whole family was at my grandma's home: my mom, dad, grandpa, Aunt Debbie, Uncle Paul, Aunt Debbie-Anne...the whole group. My grandma wasn't available right then, but I got to talk with her a few minutes later. Everyone let out a big "OOOOOH" when I told them we couldn't tell what the baby was. My Uncle Paul said he had name ideas for us: Tron for a girl, Laramie or Rocky for a boy. I couldn't stop laughing, it's so my uncle :) (His daughter, my cousin Katie, wanted to name her brother Noah, Simba many years ago).
Now, we are hoping to get an appointment with a fetal imaging company in Green River. We always made fun of it before...Sneak-a-Peak...maybe because the first time we saw it, we didn't think it said Fetal...? I don't know. But many of my friends have gone there and say it's really neat and my brother-in-law's girlfriend knows the owner, she's supposed to call me today. So hopefully we'll know what we are really having very soon. I want to start shopping for bedding and curtains and all that fun stuff =D
Below is a picture of the face. I always thought it was mean of people to say their babies looked like aliens, but, well, they kind of do at this angle.


Isn't it crazy just how much you can love the alien face picture?? When you're the mom it still looks beautiful, haha!
ReplyDelete