Wednesday, July 18, 2012

8 Months to a Better Me: Week 28

The dress I'll get if I don't end up liking the Penny's one


Wow, already week 28! I swear I was just doing week 8. It's going really fast and I only have 2 more months to go! On Monday I stepped on the scale and weighed 126. Ummm I was not happy to say the least! I stepped on like 5 times and again yesterday, same thing. I almost cried! I haven't been over 124 for weeks. I thought it must have been the little bit more food I consumed, but then realized I walked 18 miles last week! I was all depressed and cried to Derek about it. He reminded me that I started jogging last week and jogged full miles without stopping, so my legs are just packing on muscle to make up for their shock of running lol. He said to give it about two weeks and I should then start to really lose it again. If I lose 3 pounds every 4 weeks, I'll still make my goal. Here's the rundown:

Monday: 2 mile walk
Tuesday: 1 mile jog (11 minutes, 11 seconds) and 1 mile walk
Wednesday: 2 mile walk
Thursday: 1 mile jog (11 minutes, 30 seconds) and 1 mile walk
Friday: Two 2 mile walks
Saturday: 2 mile walk
Sunday: Two 2 mile walks
100 squats 6x during week
Drank average of 31oz liquid each day

Starting this week, I'm kicking this into high gear! I'm only drinking 1/2 a cup of coffee each day. It'll technically be a full cup, but I'm filling half with milk. It'll save on calories and coffee beans :-) I'm also going to get very serious about my sweet intake. I can count the coffee as dessert each day so that I don't want sugary things, however, I did make cookies yesterday, so I'm allowing myself one a day. I can either have half at lunch and half at dinner or one at one meal.

I also found my motivation for losing this weight by the wedding: I found the dress I really want. It's not the Victoria's Secret dress I originally found, but it's $50 cheaper and not quite as fancy, so I can wear it around town, but it'll also look awesome for the wedding. And I found some adorable shirts I want. So, when I lose the weight I can buy the shirts. We're going to get the dress this week, assuming I like it on me, just so it doesn't disappear, but I'm not allowed to wear it until the scale says 120.

1 comment: