I seriously cannot believe our little baby is 5 months old already! Even harder to believe that, now, in less than a month, she'll be half a year old! It literally feels like I just had her! Though, it does feel like forever since she wouldn't sleep in her bassinet for the first few nights and Derek and I would take turns sleeping with her in his recliner.
She decided to roll over on Saturday! She was pretty happy about it, until she decided she couldn't remember how to roll back over to her back lol. Then she just got mad and started sobbing into the floor. She absolutely loves her jumper and 'dances' in it. She'll twirl it around in circles and laugh and smile. Once she figures those legs out, there's no hope for me! Bet I'll be thin as a toothpick in a matter of weeks too! I really think she'll be walking by the time she's at least one. Could be wrong, but her legs just want to go, her arms are the things that don't want to do anything. She won't push up with them or anything.
She's finally getting better about her crib. Though, every time I end up thinking that, she goes back to waking up every 3 hours and then I start all over. Seems like when that happens, all it takes is a night in the swing to 'reset' her sleep and she's fine again. It's so weird. Maybe it's just her growth spurts. However, I was not meant to be an every 2-hour mom! My body just can't handle it, to the point where I actually won't get up for 20ish minutes because I hear her, but my brain doesn't recognize it as a reason to get up. And then, I'll realize I need to get her haha. Right now, she's going to sleep around 8-8:30, or that's when I start her bedtime routine, and then she does a weird thing where she'll wake up 30-60 minutes later and cry. The last few nights we've just let her cry herself back to sleep and then she'll either sleep till around midnight or she'll sleep till 4. Then she'll go back down until around 7:30 or 8. Sometimes she goes back in her crib, sometimes she goes to her swing. Depends on if she actually goes back to sleep. She seriously gets super excited when I put her in her swing though. She kicks and laughs (this is at 4 am haha) and as soon as I put the blanket on her and start her swing, she's literally out. I really want a rocking crib, it would make her a 10 hour sleeper every night lol!
Took our Christmas pictures yesterday, but I won't post them until Christmas. I had wanted some nice ones from Walmart, but decided it probably wouldn't happen, especially with Derek's extremely busy work schedule right now, so we just put her in a cute Christmas dress and took one. It'll go in the Christmas letter I'm finishing up. We'll see if it really gets out to people :)
She now weighs 15.0 pounds! She's so big now!! But, she somehow still fits into some of her 0-3 month onesies, so that's been nice. I think the weight is mostly in her little legs and chubby cheeks. She always looks like she's got a little Buddha Belly, but when she stretches out, it's really long and skinny. I think that's why she still fits into some small clothes. She hasn't worn any 6 month clothes yet. It has been nice getting a lot of use out of all the clothes we have.
She's finally found out she can grab her toes too instead of just wishing she could. She loves doing this when I change her. In fact, she'll hold on to them so tightly that her fingers will turn white. No clue why it doesn't hurt! And she's figured out that if she lifts up at just the right time, the diaper I'm putting on will get pulled out from under her and she thinks that's pretty funny.
I'm going to start her on baby oatmeal very soon too. I haven't tried rice in several weeks, but my uncle said it's not going to help her constipation with all the starch, so not to give her that. We'll see if she likes the oats better. I'm also thinking about starting to introduce some veggies. She loves trying things, just never quite knows what to do with them and makes pretty funny faces. I have a feeling she'll be like her cousin, Noah, and know how to eat everything but the lima beans and proceed to have the ability to spit only that part out.
So until next month:
No comments:
Post a Comment