It's so hard to believe our little girl is already 2 months! The time went way too fast! She had her appointment today and everything looked good. She was 10lbs, 5oz and 22 inches long. She enjoyed Dr. Yeshlur and kept sticking her tongue out at him and smiling. She got a 3-way shot today along with an oral vaccine, then on Monday, I'll take her back in for (I believe) HepB and Pneumonia shots. We decided last night to split them up just to be on the safe side. I really wasn't concerned about doing all her shots at once, but a few friends have said they split them up and my mom said we always did better with them split too. Plus, they're starting to think getting all the doses at once can cause autism (one of my friends has a friend who's son became autistic overnight after his shots at 18 months old). She was such a little trooper and only screamed for about 10 seconds, then was all smiles again. Though, I think she's starting to not feel good now, every time she wakes up she cries and cries which is not like her at all.
She's been sleeping through the night for the past 12 nights now! And we're not just talking midnight to 5 or 6 am either. No, I'm talking 9-10:30 pm to 7-8:30 am!! This has been in her swing, but at least we're all sleeping right now. We did about a week of 'crib training' where I would put her to sleep and then lay her down until she woke up again. Some nights, she would fight sleep for 4 hours until she finally would fall asleep. She did sleep 5 hours in one stretch in her crib, but the normal was about 1. The last several nights, we've just put her in her swing. This week, we'll start adding the crib back in again. Our hope is that one night, she'll just sleep in there all through the night.
Today I took some fun pictures of her in one of the dresses her Great-Grandma Davis' sent as a welcome home gift. (Again, sorry they're all sideways. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to change it. And they aren't sideways on my computer either.) She enjoyed this photo shoot much better than the one last month. Then I put her in a little mini skirt and butterfly shirt for some more pictures. They don't match, but neither one came as an actual outfit, so decided I'd make one :)
 |
| Outfit from Wooden Soldier |
 |
| Happy Smiles |
 |
| With her bunny from Aunt Liz |
 |
| She loves her hands |
 |
| Cute little feet and shoes |
 |
| Sitting on the glider |
 |
| She's done with pictures now |
 |
| Poochy Lip |
No comments:
Post a Comment