Sunday, November 28, 2010

Goodbye 1st Trimester

I can't believe that in just 2 days, I will be starting my 2nd trimester. The first one went so fast! (So fast I kind of want things to slow down just a tiny bit). It also went really well too. I'm very thankful I had an easy first trimester without the sickness that 75% of people have with it. Sure, I had my discomforts, but nothing compared to some of my poor friends. Everyday I keep looking down and thinking "for something that tiny, you sure are making me get big fast". It's not a bad thing, it's just that weird stage where I'm definitely looking like I've gained weight, but don't actually look pregnant to most people. I'm going clothes shopping with my mom soon and am very excited about that! I wear sweat pants most of the time now haha. The only pair of jeans that still fit have a huge tear in a not so good place. I have a lot of friends who are getting ready to have babies soon, one will be having hers in 2 days, another one in 3 weeks, and another one in about 8 weeks and I can't wait to see them (even if just in pictures)! And it makes me even more excited for the next 6 months to come.

I'm slowly getting things here and there for the nursery. Nothing major yet, that'll come after January 13 when we find out if we're having a little Heather or a little Derek, but little, fun things. I recently won an adorable musical giraffe from a really popular blog. There were about 650 entries, so I was thrilled to win. It has different jungle sounds to put the baby to sleep. It just straps to the crib. I've attached a picture below.


Hard to believe my 16 week appointment is just in 2.5 weeks!

3 comments:

  1. Awww - such a cute giraffe!! So happy you won!!
    Welcome to your 2nd trimester, too =) It will be fun to shop with you and for you =)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait until week 20 so that I can start shopping for the baby. I better warn Nathan first, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yey for getting the giraffe It turned out SO cute and major YEYEYEYEYEYEY for making it to your 2nd trimester :) I'm so happy you're having such an easy time! Pregnancy should be something to be enjoyed--not hated, haha.

    ReplyDelete