Saturday, December 18, 2010

16 Week Update

I know it's been awhile, but there hasn't been anything new to report other than I still feel good and am getting bigger :) Thursday was my 16 week appointment and it went really well. Doctor said the heartbeat sounds perfect! She said to be talking to the baby between now and the next appointment about cooperating for the ultrasound! Still can't believe we'll know what we're having in just 26 days! We're very excited! We've just made the decision to keep the name a secret until the baby actually comes. It will 1) prevent people from giving us their 'opinions' on what we're naming the baby and 2) be a fun surprise the day of the baby's arrival.

I got blood work done on Thursday to check for any possible problems with the baby and also got my flu shot. Literally at the same time. One nurse was on one arm taking blood and the other nurse was on the other arm poking me. I'll take the blood work over shots any day, which is weird since just 6 months ago I had never had blood drawn that I remembered and was scared to death of it. I inherited my dad's small veins (the nurses aren't very happy about that lol), but because of this, they are very very careful and nice and use the baby needle. I've never bruised and have had my blood drawn 6 times in 6 months now.

And that's about it for the update. Below is a picture of the Scentsy warmer we bought for the nursery. It's just so cute!

2 comments:

  1. No fair! This doting aunt can't wait till May/June to find out the name! lol, jk. At least I can start buying cute baby things as soon as you find out what you're having.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your update and looking at the pictures!! (It was about time there was something new to read on this blog!!) =D
    Love, Mom/ Grandmama Hargis (or is it "Granny-Madre" Hargis?) =D

    ReplyDelete