A friend of mine takes amazing pictures! I decided that I really wanted to get nice pictures taken for Lexi's 1st birthday since it's a really big deal, more so than really any other birthday until she's like 16 (okay, so I know I'll probably go too overboard each year, but I won't intend to).
We were going to do Mother's Day/1st Birthday pictures at Walmart since they had a free 16x10 picture that didn't require a purchase. However, we wanted more than just one picture to take home, so thought we would just get a package deal. Their lowest package, with a CD, was $178!! I think I'd be willing to pay that for a real professional, but NOT for Walmart, even if they've come a very long way since my family used to get pictures taken. So, I cancelled the appointment.
I looked into one of the local professional photographers that does my friend's annual family pictures, but even that was $80 for the lowest package and Derek wasn't keen on that.
Then my friend Miranda said she'd love to take them for us. So, that's what we did. We got the amazing pictures we wanted and she got a little bit of extra money. We went to Centennial Park in Green River and then took 'walking' pictures on the bridge at Expedition Island. All the settings were perfect and Lexi was so good and sat or stood everywhere we placed her. She didn't want to smile much, but that's okay. We are so glad we went this route. Plus, you just can't beat a Cannon camera, they pretty much are the bomb!
![]() |
| My first attempt at editing with Picasa3, I'm hooked! |
| Our family |
| Lexi's 1-year stats |
| My favorite! |
| Lexi and the lamp post |
| Walking on the bridge |
| Walking back |
| Having fun |
| Me and my baby |
| She loved looking at the water |
| One of my favorite family pictures |
| Lexi and her Daddy |
| They had fun by the water |
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment