Monday, May 9, 2011

My Epic Baby Shower


The full room
We had my baby shower on April 30 at 2:00. It was great! My mom found a great room at The Holiday Inn and not only was the staff incredibly nice, they did an amazing job setting up the tables too. My mom and Diana Metz hosted it and the three of us planned it, we had great fun! Starbucks is such a fun place to have meetings :)

There were probably about 20 guests that came, so it was the perfect size. They all seemed to have fun and everyone found tables where they knew someone else. We even had what I called The Western Table - everyone sitting there was from WWCC, it was kind of funny actually. There were 5 Western employees (plus two of their kids) at my shower, that's even more than we had at the 'Family Table'.

Thanks to one of Diana's friends, my cake was absolutely to die for! It was not only incredibly adorable, but it was one of the best cakes I've had. I opted for a vanilla cake with raspberry filling and butter cream frosting. Mmmmm! Needless to say, what I did take home was gone in about 3 days. I had to freeze my sister's piece right away to avoid it disappearing too.


Isn't it awesome?!
We played three fun games. The first one was a matching game about how well everyone knew the parents (weird thinking of Derek and me as parents). It had questions like when were we both born, how much did we weigh, things like that. The second game was trying to remember all the items in the diaper bag. Everyone was given 20 seconds to look in the bag, and then they went back to their seats and wrote down everything they saw. The last game was guessing how big my belly was (stole this one from Angela's shower). Everyone had to cut a piece of string and then come measure me to see how close they were. Dayna Folks was literally right on, it was impressive!


Derek's Grandma Willa and McCreary playing the matching game.

Diaper Bag for the game


Dayna measuring belly
 I got a lot of great presents too! Some clothing, which we don't need so much but was still just as cute as everything else we have, and then some great practical things like nursing pads and diapers and baby tubs and car seat covers (hand made!).

Bath tub, bath set, and clothes from my mom

Dress from (Great) Grandma Davis

It was also nice seeing friends I hadn't seen in a long time along with just being with friends I see more often.

Me and Angela


Me and Diana


Me and Mom


Me and Sandy DaRif


Candace Dove with Creed
 All in all, a great shower!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it was a great shower!! Loads of fun to plan and loads of fun to be at =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Mom hid my piece so that you won't be tempted, haha. I love that dress that Grandma sent. She'll be so adorable in it! Can't wait to see you and meet her in 6 weeks!

    ReplyDelete