Friday, September 13, 2013

Being Schooled by a Toddler

Working on her car
The other day as I was getting Lexi dressed after a bath, I was singing her "Six Little Ducks" song along to her CD. She starts saying "No, No Mommy!" Followed by "No you cannot sing!" I started laughing so hard and then she thought it was funny too. That's definitely the biggest and funniest sentence she's said yet! Funny how things I didn't even think she knew about she could put into words.

Her newest thing is to say "No Mommy, No!" I think I hear this all day long. However, then she thinks it's a game and will repeat. So if I say "Yes, yes yes" she'll say "No, no, no" and then if I reverse, she does too. The no's are also carried out so it's more like nooooo and sounds really cute.

Wearing Mommy's shoes

She knows how to use tools like screwdrivers. It's pretty amazing actually. A few days back, she disappeared when I was cleaning her room. I asked where she went and she comes back in with Derek's pointer, thinking it was a screwdriver. I told her that was Daddy's so she had to put it back. She said "No, work!" and proceeds to get her laptop, turn it over and try to unscrew the screws in it. When she was done, she put it back. She is so smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment