Friday, August 9, 2013

Being 2

It's been a really long time since I posted on here. Between my business, a 2-year-old and a new puppy, just to name a few, I've been pretty busy.

Lexi learns and says something new every day it seems. In fact, just today I asked her if she was a baby or a big girl. I really didn't think she knew what a big girl was and was expecting her to just say "baby". Instead she said "I'm a big girl." I said "Oh, you're a big girl huh?" She replied with "Yes, Lexi's a big girl." It was so cute and hilarious all at once.

At the parade
A few of her other phrases are:
Hi, how are you?
Where did they go?
No! No talk to Mommy and Daddy - she doesn't want us to talk and wants us to pay attention to her.
(Or if my mom is here it goes like this: No talk to Mommy, Grandma)
No no no! Get down! Down! Good girl Paris!
Get me out!
Yuck! Big poop! Puppy big poop!

Last time wearing this dress
 Some of her favorite things are:
Watching Cars - it's a daily occurrence and she has it memorized.
Walking her toy dog - it even has a ribbon around its neck that she pulled off to make a leash. Puppy goes on walks with us and she tells him not to step in poop.
Cookies and cake. She "helped" me make my mom's birthday cake a few days ago and for two days straight all she would say was "Grandma cake!!" She was so excited when she was allowed to have some.
Anything breakfast! It makes lunch and dinner hard, but she fills up so much on good breakfast foods that I probably shouldn't care.
If You're Happy and you Know It is her favorite song...but only the 'clap your hands' part.

Having fun in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard
 She has her own names for some people and it's funny:
She calls me Mommy most of the time now but sometimes she will call me Mom
Derek has always been Daddy from the time she was about a year old...none of that Dada crap.
Grandma and Grandpa (no matter which ones they are) are Bapa. Somehow, I always know who she is talking about.
Her Aunt Megan is Aunnie, it's SOOOO cute!
Uncle Ty is Ty
Diana was Yaya, but now it's starting to sound like Diana
Isaac was the first friend she called by name
We're still working on some other people that she doesn't see that often.

That catches you up on the cute things she's doing right now. Hopefully it won't be so long next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment