Yes, I did in fact write Lexicon. That's Derek's 'online' name for her and I think it's adorable. Anyway, yesterday our little munchin, chubby cheeks was 5 months old!! So hard to believe that she's only a month away from being half a year old already! It's flying by way too fast, I'd like to slow things down a bit, maybe even go back a few months and make them slow way down! But, she's also so much fun at this age too. So: I think we left off at 2 months. So: 3 months...in mid-September, my Grandma and Grandpa Hargis along with my Aunt Sue came to see her. That was a lot of fun and I know they really enjoyed meeting their first great grandbaby/great niece. I don't really remember what her new things were at that month, they're in her baby book, but I'm too lazy to go over and look through it right now. But below are some 3 month pictures to enjoy. Can I just say that I'm constantly annoyed at how there doesn't appear to be a way to flip pictures into the right position??
 |
4 Months Old
August 27, 2011 (My parents 28th anniversary too) |
 |
| In a dress from Great-Grandma Davis from Wooden Soldier |
 |
| Fun edited picture |
 |
| At the park |
 |
| Us girls |
 |
Lexi's Great Aunt Sue, Grandpa Hargis, Great Grandpa and Grandma Hargis
Mom, and Lexi |
 |
| Lexi with her Great Aunt Sue |
Okay, on to month 4: At the beginning of October, my mom and I took Lexi to Maine to visit her other great grandparents, as my Grandma Davis can no longer travel. She was quite the little traveler: 4 new states, 6 planes, and 4000+ miles later she's been all over. She did very well on her first big trip, though it was very stressful and crazy traveling with her and all her gear. We did make it there and back though! My grandparents were thrilled to see her along with my Uncle Paul, Aunt Debbie-Anne and cousins Katie and Noah. Lexi even got to try coconut soup, which she seemed to like much better than her few encounters with rice cereal. She still didn't want to eat a whole lot though. We were there during the big fair of the year too, so most of us were able to take in the Freyeburg Fair. Lexi had lots of fun, especially with her Great Uncle Paul and watching the horse races. This month she really started trying to roll over, which I know she can do, she just won't. She also has a lot of new sounds and can say Mama really well when she's very mad haha. She also will jabber Dada dada dada a lot and now says yay yay yay yay. Of course, it's just noise and she doesn't quite associate it with anything. She loves Winnie too! She'll smile and squeal whenever she sees her, it's quite hilarious! She thinks it's fun to spit her rice cereal out and Winnie to lick it off the floor, her hands, and even her face when I'm not quick enough. As my Uncle Paul says, "She has to get immune sometime, right?" She still doesn't really want food though, so we're holding off. Or at least were, I will be trying it again in the next few days and probably adding in some 'real' foods like veggies very soon. Lexi loves her jungle gym and can reach and grab things now and pull. She'll talk to her toys and get mad when they don't do what she wants them to. This month she also figured out how to get her knees under her, but that's all, her arms just don't work and then she not only looks funny, but she gets really mad and buries her head in the floor and cries. She also decided that screaming was fun, whether happy or mad. I don't like screaming and have vowed against having a screaming house, well, unless it's when she's playing with Derek when she's older. So, she's already learning the word No, even if she doesn't actually know what it means yet. However, she doesn't do it anymore :) Now on to the fun pictures from this month.
 |
4 Months
September 27, 2011 |
 |
| In her crib and ladybug nursery |
 |
| Sharing her breakfast with Winnie |
 |
| She just wasn't sure |
 |
| Following in Daddy's footsteps :) |
 |
| Fun at the fair |
 |
Lexi with her Great Uncle Paul, cousin Noah, and Great Aunt Debbie-Anne
(quite the faces) |
 |
| Lexi and I with cousin Katie |
 |
| Lexi with her Great Grandpa Davis, Mom, and Great Grandma Davis |
And there we go! Once I get her 5 month pictures taken, probably on Halloween in a few days, I'll do another update.
No comments:
Post a Comment