March 9 was my last appointment. It went fine, short and sweet as always. When she asked what questions we had, all I said was that my right rib area was having some pain and discomfort, could she recommend a relief. She felt around and asked where exactly it hurt. Then she said it could be my gallbladder, since that's in the general area and gallbladder and kidney problems are very common in pregnancy. She was recommending a gallbladder ultrasound. It was also the day of my oh-so-fun glucose screening test. (Honestly, it wasn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Plus, I like orange drinks, so it didn't bother me. And a pin prick for blood? That's nothing!) Anyway, my sugar was at 160. I didn't know if that was good or bad so said "Is that good?" And the nurse just laughed and said "Nooooo." So, on Thursday, I went to our hospital in Rock Springs for a series of tests. Because of the ultrasound, I couldn't have anything go past my lips (even toothpaste) after 10 p.m. on Wednesday, so I was starving and thirsty. And being pregnant, that means I pass out so... I showed up at 7:30 to check in. Then I had to go to the lab for my first draw of blood. At 8:30, I had my ultrasound. The technician was super nice, but not exactly gentle and it really hurt when she pressed so hard on my already sore ribs. I also had to hold my breath, so that wasn't so fun either. 45 minutes later said "Well, it looks good. But you'll have your results by Monday." So then we (my mom came with me) went back to the lab. My sugar was at 79 for the first draw, so I was given the green light to drink 'the drink' again. This time though, I got to choose between orange or lemon lime. I went with the second. And I was so thirsty that I drank it in 30 seconds, they give you 5 minutes lol. After that, I had to wait an hour before my next draw of blood. In all, we were at the hospital for 5 hours! And by the time we got out, I was so hungry and weak from not eating or drinking and having 6 vials of blood drawn that I had to hit up the vending machine and eat a bag of fruit candy and a bag of peanut trail mix and also drink about 40 oz of water so that my sugar would come back up and I wouldn't pass out. We went out for great Chinese food afterwards!
My glucose test came back normal, so I was very happy about that. On Tuesday, I finally got my gallbladder results and the nurse said they didn't see anything, so it wasn't my gallbladder. The hospital wanted me to go back in for a nuclear scan, but she didn't recommend that during pregnancy. I told her that I still thought it was just my ribs. Apparently though, the note saying that's what I thought it was in the beginning didn't make it to my chart, so that's why they were concerned. She suggested Tylenol and heat to see if that helped. I'm just glad that they are behind me. I shouldn't have any more big tests through the rest of my pregnancy now!
I'm moving right along (in front of me that is). She's getting bigger every day and thus, so am I!
 |
| 29 Weeks |
No idea why, but it will not upload my pictures the right way, so everything I try to upload is sideways. I don't know how to fix it. It's doing this on my Facebook right now too.
We've also started the big nursery project. It'll be epic!!! I'm so glad Derek is talented with these things. I'm the designer and he...well he does the work :-)
 |
Cleaned Out Nursery
Torn up Carpet |
No comments:
Post a Comment