Monday, November 5, 2012

Post 8 Months: Month 2



I decided that since I've reached my first goal, I really don't need to post every single week. I think it'll be much slower going from here on out, so I'll post every few weeks. I'm not going to do huge posts, just little recaps about my workouts and anything that I've either had a hard time with or something that has really motivated me. For example: watching The Amazing Race while working out on the tread climber is insanely good motivation and makes the time go very fast. Too bad it's only on once a week :-)

The last several weeks I've been getting back into 'tread climber mode'. It's been much easier and more fun than I thought it would be. Last time, I had to literally make myself do it, and a lot of times, even housework made a good excuse not to do it all the time. Well now, I have good headphones, it's right by our open window in the computer room, and I watch some show that I like. I've been doing the workout for the duration of the show: whether that's a 42 minute show on Netflix without commercials or a 45 minute show on The CW with commercials that seem to take forever. My workouts have been between 42 and 55 minutes. I start out at 1.5 mph and gradually increase it to 2ish mph by the time I hit the 5 minute mark. Then, I up it to 2.5 and gradually have been increasing it to 3.2mph around the 20 minute mark. Once I hit 35 or 40 minutes, I start decreasing it again. I've been burning about 400 calories and walking 2 - 2.5 miles in the time frame. It feels so good and I'm getting lots of energy. Not always good since now instead of wanting to go to bed at exactly 10:00, I'm finding myself staying up until 11 or 11:30.

A week ago when I stepped on the scale and it read 124 I literally screamed! I told Derek I had no idea what happened, so he reminded me that I'm drinking more water now and we hadn't been jogging for quite a few weeks so probably was water weight and new muscle weight. Today I was 119.5, whew! Working out along with getting my Camelbak water bottle back out have made a huge difference in my water intake. Instead of drinking around 16oz a day, I'm back up to 32-48 a day. I usually have a splash of Mio in my water once a day too and that really helps. Their new Thunderbolt flavor is pretty dang good.

This last weekend I helped put together a baby shower for my friend and it was about 90% sugary foods. I indulged on yogurt with chocolate chips and granola, white chocolate covered strawberries, cake pops, oreo balls, cake, punch, white chocolate dipped rice crispy treats...yeah...not good! And all were either made by those of us helping with the party or by the Crazy Cake Lady, so everything was incredible...and very very sinful in the calorie department haha! We also bought $40 worth of chocolate from Derek's cousin's little girl for her fundraiser. We sort of have a lot of chocolate around here. But, I try to only have a little.

Anyway, that's the update. Till next time.

1 comment:

  1. They were auditioning for The Amazing Race in Boston and we drove by the line was huge! I was saying that it would be fun-even though I've never watched it :)

    ReplyDelete