Sure is hard to believe that a month ago we had just brought our baby girl into this world. It was a very fast month! Even though she now only weighs 8lbs, 7oz (as of Thursday), looking back at her newborn pictures, she already has started to look older. She doesn't look quite like that tiny newborn we brought home 30 days ago. She's started to smile quite a bit more now and she's already slept through the night three times! She's a good sleeper most nights, averaging 4-6 hours before waking up and wanting more food. She loves her hands too, sometimes too much as she tends to pull on her face and leave scratch marks. We've put her on about 75% formula now. My milk supply is really low, so the pediatrician recommended we supplement at night in order to help her gain weight a little faster than 1 ounce a week. She loves the Similac Sensitive formula and it helps her sleep really good at night too. It also doesn't make her dirty diapers smell any worse than her breastfed ones and she rarely spits up, so I believe the company when they say it's the closest thing to breast milk out there without it actually being breast milk. My supply keeps getting lower and lower though, so now she only nurses three times a day. That's literally all I can do and still have her get something from me. She does like the formula though and as long as she's happy, I don't care how she's getting her nourishment.
It's been a lot of fun seeing her discover new things. She seems to know who we are now and also enjoys looking at patterns and the TV. She watches Spongebob with Derek and Bones with me :) Her swing is about her favorite thing right now and she sleeps in it for hours during the day. This week, I'm going to work on gradually switching her over to napping in her crib for one long nap during the day. Now that we won't have nearly the visitors around, it'll be easier to not have her sleep all the time, since I'm sure she won't be taking 3 hour naps in her crib.
Megan flew down from Alaska a week ago to spend time with her first (by blood) niece! We had a great time. She went back home on Saturday.
 |
Megan holding Lexi for the first time
|
 |
| The three of us |
Today I took some pictures of her in a cute little sun dress.
 |
| Me and Lexi (I really hate that I can't rotate these) |
 |
| Lexi hanging out on the chair |
 |
| Posing in her crib |
 |
| The ever so popular ring on the toes picture |
 |
| With her dolly from Grandma Hargis |
 |
| I love this one! |
Happy One Month baby girl!
What a fun time we had with "Auntie Megan" here - very fast week!!
ReplyDeleteGREAT PICTURES, too =)